June 21, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

(I better get this post up before it's a new national holiday!)  Every Memorial Day Weekend, our church family heads out to Estacada, OR to spend the weekend at Eagle Fern Camp.  I think this was my 23rd year attending!  It is always a wonderful time to fellowship and have fun with fellow Westsiders, without any time restraints.  Here are some photos from our weekend:

The kids enjoyed playing and throwing rocks down at Eagle Creek.  It was all I could do to keep Claire out of the water!


Here is Matthew eating lunch with Austin, one of his favorite buddies:

Heading off to explore:

Dan and I enjoyed leading worship at our chapel sessions.  We had a special speaker, CJ Coffee, who brought us an excellent series on the book of Ruth.  Click here to download the 4-part series.


On Saturday night, the planning committee put on a great game show that mimicked the TV show, "Minute To Win It."  It was a hoot!  Here is Dan's sister, Linda, and her fiance trying to pull out kleenex from an entire box of kleenex in under a minute.  It was harder than it looks!

And yes, I DID say "Linda's fiance".  They got engaged while we were at Eagle Fern!  They will be married this December.  We couldn't be happier for them!

 There is a zip line at camp, and Matthew watched several of his family members go on it at last year's retreat.  For months, he talked about how he was going to go on it this year.  True to his word, he did it - twice! - without batting an eyelash.  Here is the view from the top of the run:

Here are the two of us before my run.

Here is the video of Matthew's second flight.  Dan took the footage from the top and I took it from the bottom.  Matthew is flapping his arms 'like an eagle.'  :)


Grandpa enjoyed hanging out with the non zip-liners, such as Claire:


Matthew went fishing for the first time!  He even caught a modest trout. :)


I love these two.

Until next year!

No comments: