February 22, 2013

Valentine's Day

Well, Valentine's Day is a bit different when you have little ones around. Not quite so romantic, but it's just a season of life, and it's also fun to celebrate the holiday with kids anyways.=)

We started out the day opening a few gifts from loved ones.



Then I had my ladies Bible study where we had a nice brunch and heard from a few ladies on different aspects of love. The dear lady in this picture was married for 63 years before her husband died a few years ago.


For dinner, we went to Dan's parents house for steaks as a belated celebration for Dan's birthday. Grandma Hickman is always willing to sit on the floor and play games with her grand kids!


Opening up a card from Grandma and Grandpa:


And finally, a few pictures with my little Valentines.  Sorry, I guess I didn't get any with the littlest Valentine, Benji!



It doesn't get any sweeter than this!
"We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19 
"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, 
that we should be called children of God!" 1 John 3:1

No comments: