| The view from the farm store |
My mom was so sweet and brought me over some canning jars and pectin so I could make my own strawberry jam which I had never done before. After the first batch, Matthew got this bright idea that he would like to SELL some jam. Last summer was his busy lemonade stand. This year: on to bigger and better things, I guess! =)
We taught him a few simple rules about investment and had him pay for the pectin and for the next batch of strawberries that we picked.
He helped me make the jam and I found some cute fabric to put over the lids.
He sold ten jars for $4 a piece ($3 for 'bulk' and 'family' rate). =) Then I had to tell him not to do any more marketing because by that time, the strawberry season was dwindling down! We had him set aside a percentage of money for the Lord and the rest was up to him how he wanted to spend it. (He spend it all right away, of course.) He is quite the little entrepreneur. It will be interesting to see where this part of his personality takes him later in life!
No comments:
Post a Comment