April 19, 2015

Our Valentine's Day

We enjoyed quite a bit of festivities on Valentine's Day this year. First, I got to join Matthew's third grade class the day before in going to a local nursing home to sing and hand out Valentines to the residents. 

Next, Claire and I made cookies to pass out to the neighbors in our culdesac. 

On Valentine's morning, we had toast using a special Tupperware engraver I had since I was a kid:

All dolled up for Valentine's Day!

Claire went to a little tea party and discovered her friend, Emily, was wearing the same dress!

We enjoyed a romantic dinner for six (takeout pizza), then gave the kids each a present. 

Books from Costco. You never can go wrong with those in this household!

Daddy gave each of his girls a bouquet of flowers. These are Elly's first bouquet. =)

We ended the evening with a family movie night watching Disney's "Cars" - an old favorite of Matthew's when he was younger. 

Lest you worry that Dan and I not get some quality time together, we did! The high school youth group at our church offered free babysitting the next night so we could have a date night. We ate at PF Changs, one of our favorites!

It is a blessing to love and be loved on Valentine's Day. But the best source of love is the unconditional and endless love of our Creator and Savior, Jesus. "We love because He first loved us"!

Happy Valentine's Day! (A few months late.) =)

1 comment:

Aliyah said...

Sounds like you guys had a really great time!