No pictures today or anything really extraordinary. I just thought I would share a little experience that happened in our bathroom yesterday. Matthew is two-and-a-half, but is, in my opinion, like 2 years away from being potty-trained. ;) But occasionally he will say "Mommy, pee pee!" So I will ask him if he wants to sit up on the potty and he will say "Yeah." So yesterday, as usual, I whisked him into the bathroom, took off his diaper and put him on the toilet. He looked so teeny up there on that big porcelain throne. I am squatting down in front of him, holding him up there; our faces are about eight inches apart. He is just dangling his little chubby legs and looking at me with his big blue eyes as we both silently wait. For, um, nothing to happen. (I don't even think his necessary parts were actually over the toilet bowl.) Suddenly, he just breaks out in this HUGE grin.
That's it! Nothing happened, no pee-pee, just a little mommy-son moment. But it melted my heart and made my day!
Tonight at dinner, Dan and I were talking about how we need to fill out our ballots. Dan asked Matthew, "Who should we vote for, Matthew?"
Without hesitation, Matthew answered, "Mommy."
=)
1 comment:
Aww. What a sweet boy! And his potty experience is about where Bella is at. She'll go at my suggestion after meals or nap, but when she says she has to go.... mostly alot of sitting and smiling!
Post a Comment