So ANYway...Matthew's potty came in the mail today! When we got home from the library, there it was on our doorstep. I made a big deal about the package by our door that was JUST for Matthew. We opened it together and Matthew was excited to bring it into our bathroom and try it out. I got out our stepstool and he climbed up there (it might as well have been Mt. Hood) and he asked me to leave the room. This is what he does when he is ready to fill his diaper...he goes into our office and shuts the door so he can have his privacy. So - I shut the bathroom door and left him in there, but I was NOT expecting anything to happen since he had just piddled all over the floor on our way up to the toilet and he had pooped his diaper about an hour before. Well, when I went back in to check on him, he was saying, "Mommy. Done!" I lifted him off the potty, and lo and behold, there was a little present in there for me. I was SO proud of my big boy!!
To celebrate, Dan and I took him to Fred Meyer before dinner tonight and let him pick out a toy. Well, Mommy has had her eye on a certain toy for several weeks and Matthew agreed that it was quite the catch.
So now I have things to look forward to like puddles on the carpet and walking thru Target while Matthew is declaring, "I have to go potty!" but I am happy to deal with these things because I am so proud of my big boy.
(Sorry, if this is too much detail. Remember this is a mommy talking.) =)
1 comment:
YAY Matty! You won't go far in life if you aren't potty trained...so consider this a step in the right direction :)
Post a Comment