April 7, 2009

My trip to Chicago


Yes, believe it or not, we are still alive over here. I just have been slacking and haven't posted anything in awhile.
So first up - I went to Chicago for the weekend during the last few days of February. I was invited to a brainstorming session by Emmaus Bible College. The purpose was to network with other youth leaders and to give ideas and suggestions to Emmaus about how they can better help and equip assembly youth leaders around the country. Our group consisted of fellow Emmaus alumni from around the country. We came as far as Portland (me), from Seattle, Kansas, North Carolina, Texas and Iowa.

Here we are, during one of our sessions. We holed up in a boardroom at the Sheraton Suites hotel near O'Hare all weekend.

Chili's for dinner!!

Here is our group, during our a fun trip into the city for an afternoon:

This is the apartment on Locust St. where my mom lived while she was dating my dad while he worked at Moody Bible Institute in downtown Chicago (approx. 1972):


I even got to visit my Aunt Carol for a few hours during my trip. I hadn't been to her house in years, but it has always been an special place to me.


She lives on good old Harvey Ave!

No comments: