I have a new job. I know - you thought I was a stay-at-home mom! Well, this job doesn't pay monetarily, but it ultimately pays in dividends. Since Claire likes to be up so much at night, I am taking advantage of all the rocking in the dark to bring people before the Throne of Grace. Yep, I am a Mommy Prayer Warrior!
You know how sometimes you tell someone, "I will pray for you" and then you forget? Well, now, I jump at the chance to pray for someone who asks for it and have been covering them in prayer every night.
Here are some of the prayer requests I am currently praying for:
-My sister's health and insomnia
-A college friend who just got diagnosed with cancer
-Another college friend who's little girl has health issues
-A family who just lost their son
-A friend who was on a short-term mission's trip to SE Asia
-Several friends who are pregnant
-Family members who have decisions to make about their future
-A cousin who has been looking for a job for a really long time
-Some friends who have yet to come to know Jesus
-PREP4Kids (a Bible ministry to public school kids in our area)
-My children's salvation and spiritual future
-My husband (spiritual life, work life, etc.)
"For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer." 1 Peter 3:12
"The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:16
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6
3 comments:
there is no greater job out there! I don't have an infant who's up in the night - but I too have been trying to pray more diligently lately - it's such a blessing, I'm really loving my quiet prayer times!
I am honored to be on that list, Amy. Although I'd prefer to be on the "praise" list instead...someday, soon!! And I have much to praise for, too!
thats such a great idea!! make the most of whatever situation. i actually got a lot of reading done when i was nursing. people were always saying you must not have time for anything with the newborn but reading was one of the pleasures i enjoyed as i sat there. i don't think i read in the middle of the night though
Post a Comment