I am blessed to have one sister (2 years older) who, although she lives an ocean away from me, is still a source of encouragement and joy. Melanie left her hubby and four kids last Tuesday and flew all the way over from England to spend 10 days with me and my family. She, of course got to meet her little niece, Claire, and spend some special one-on-one time with her and with Matthew.
Here is Melanie meeting baby Claire for the first time (Claire - 20 days old):
Even though she could have treated this like a vacation (being away from her mommy role, after all), Melanie spent almost every waking moment washing dishes, doing laundry, cooking, making grocery store runs, organizing stuff, holding Claire, and keeping Matthew occupied. I was very spoiled!
Here is Matthew and "Ann Menny" reading one of many books together:
Melanie was an expert at getting Claire to smile. Claire has really only smiled at HER so far!
Cuddling with her niece and nephew:
The two of us also got some shopping in, and spent lots of time laughing together (milkshakes!). I hadn't seen her for over a year, and we don't know when the next time we get to see each other will be. So I will always treasure this special time we had together. Thank you so much for coming, Melanie! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment