March 26, 2010

Claire's Room

I'm finally posting pictures of Claire's room! My Aunt Carol, who is an expert at painting and wallpapering, came from Chicago in May for Matthew's birthday and to help me do Claire's room. It was a lot of fun to do together.
Here's a 'before' picture of our office:

I had never wallpapered before, but it was actually a lot of fun.

All done!

Dan and my favorite part of her room:

We found the rocking chair (and all other furniture) on Craigslist. It matched perfectly!

Dan's brother put up the chair rail for us. It was the finishing touch!

The dresser was only $50 on Craigslist. It has gliding drawers and I love it! The picture on the left is a tapestry made by Dan's mom, and the one above the dresser came from my sister in England. The both have Claire's name, birthdate, etc. on them.

Claire's maiden voyage in her crib (she was three days old):

Claire's room just might be my favorite room in the house. =)

3 comments:

Julie S. said...

Oh my goodness, it's so cute!!! You all did a great job! I love the bedding, where did you get it? She is adorable!

Stacy said...

Very beautiful! I love the name Claire, too. Wish your aunt could come help me with my bedroom this summer. It's going to be a big job. Seeing your pictures gives me some motivation though.

Amy H said...

We got the bedding from Bed Bath and Beyond. There are a few discount website out there for baby bedding, and we found this one on of those sites, but when we went to BBandB's website, it was less than half the price!
Stacy, a lot of the inspiration came from viewing baby bedding online and seeing how they did up the rooms in the display photos. =)