Claire is finally starting to expand her vocabulary beyond "Ma" and "Da." I'm not a great estimator, but I would say she can say about 50 words, perhaps. (I know...she is not the most advanced 2-year-old, but I'm not too concerned. She'll learn!) To my delight, she repeated two new words today after hearing me use them. After properly dealing with her on the wrong use of the word 'no', I recited a Bible verse to her as she sat on my lap facing me in her rocking chair. "Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." (Eph. 6:1)
"WHITE!" She declared, loudly, for the first time.
"Yes, Claire!! Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is .... _____." I left it hanging for her to finish...
"WHITE!" she said again.
This time I started the verse and left in a new blank for her to fill:
"Children ______ " ... I started.
"BAY!" Claire stated proudly.
We said the verse a few more times and she filled in "BAY" and "WHITE" in the proper spots. =)
Later at the dinner table when Claire again used the word 'no' as I held her spoon to her mouth, I began,
"Claire, you cannot tell Mommy no..."
"BAY!" she interrupted.
Kids sure know more than we give them credit for, don't they?
"Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 'Honor your father and mother' (this is the first commandment with a promise), 'that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.' Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord."
Ephesians 6:1-4
1 comment:
So cute! I love it when they pick up on something so fast!
Post a Comment