The four of us were driving to Dan's parent's house last night. We were quietly listening to some worship music when all of sudden, seemingly out of nowhere, Matthew asks, "When I grow up, will my wife die after she has our first baby?"
[We are reading a book right now ("Jotham's Journey") where it is mentioned that a boy's mother died in childbirth, so this is probably where that came from.]
Dan carefully explained that because we have really good doctors and technology these days, that this hardly ever happens anymore.
To which Matthew responded, "Good, because I want my son to know his mommy."
"You know what, Matthew?" Dan said after a moment. "You are going to be a really good daddy some day."
Matthew's reply was precious and brought tears to both Dan and my eyes. "Well, I have a really good daddy to learn from."
Yes, you do, Matthew. Yes, you do.
No comments:
Post a Comment