June 24, 2012

Our Kindergarten Graduate

June 14th was Matthew's last day of Kindergarten.  And MY last day of my first year as a homeschool teacher.  It was such a fun year together; pretty low-key.  Overall, I'd say it was easier than I thought it would be.  (But I know it was only Kindergarten.)  =)  He is a great little student which made things pretty darn easy!

Here are a few pictures taken during the last month or so of the school year.  Most of our schoolwork is not this hands-on, but they are the ones that end up getting captured on camera!
Learning about how colors mix to form new colors

.
Testing whether an egg will float in regular water vs. salt water

Demonstrating the three different forms of water (liquid, gas, and the ice in his hand)

Testing various household items to see if they float
Filling in his daily calandar

Weighing different household objects

Yep, they're about even!

Here's our little "graduation ceremony" we had for Matthew on June 14th (preceded by by dinner at McDonald's - his choice):

His last school assignment

He did it!

Chocolate cake for the occasion (with his new Imaginets behind him)

Every good picture of Matthew has a goofy one to accompany it!

We're so proud of you, Matthew!  I was blessed that I got to be home with you and teach you this year and I'm looking forward to first grade with you!


1 comment:

Marcella{The Life After "Trust Me"} said...

His grin cracks me up!! Way to go Matthew and Amy!!