June 1, 2012

Reason #206 Why My Husband Is So Amazing

Most of my family knows that my favorite ice cream flavor in the world is Baskin Robbin's "Raspberry Cheese Louise."  It's a low-fat frozen yogurt with chunks of cheesecake, graham cracker crumbs and swirls of raspberry.  I'm pretty sure it's going to be served in heaven.  I think I've gotten my brother-in-law hooked on it, and my parents even got me a quart as a birthday gift one time! =)  Imagine my dismay when I walk into a Baskin Robbins about a year ago and find out they stopped carrying my flavor.  I know!  Rude!  The only upside, is that now I am getting to try out and enjoy some of the other flavors they carry.

Last night I went out with some great girlfriends on an adventure to an Ethiopian restaurant in Portland.  My friend, Amy, adopted a little girl from Ethiopia last year and is slowly getting her friends hooked on Ethiopian food.  While I was there, Dan texted me a photo of him and the kids at Baskin Robbins.  I was slightly disappointed that I was missing out on their outing, because I mean, hey -- BASKIN ROBBINS!  But of course, now that they have stopped making my favorite flavor, I'm not missing out as much as I would have if they still carried it...
 
Well, when I got home from dinner, Dan was telling me about he and the kids' evening.  When he mentioned Baskin Robbins, I said, "Man, I should have had you bring me back a pint..."
And he smiled and said, "Well...hmmm...funny you should mentioned that."  My eyes widened and I said, "You brought me back some??"  So if the story ended there, that would make him a super-cool husband, right?  But the story doesn't end there.  He said, "Yes, and guess which flavor."
By now, I'm sure you can figure out what it was.  Raspberry Cheese Louise.  I guess they brought it back!!
So Dan is pretty much the coolest guy in the universe right now (well, I guess he always has been) and I am one happy girl.

Love you, Dan!!!!

1 comment:

Candy K said...

Awwww! That is SOOOO sweet! (No pun intended. lol)
Way to go, Dan! Way to please your lady! ;p lol