Today I am three weeks and two days away from my due date. My feeling is that I will be close to on-time, maybe a few days early. But of course, only the Lord truly knows! I am thankful that I still have good energy and for the most part, am sleeping well at night. AND...my back and hip pain has actually been almost non-existent for the last few days which hasn't been the case in...months! Apparently I look huge, because for quite awhile now, everyone keeps saying, "You're due any day, right?" Well, I am feeling good and am perfectly content to keep our baby boy tucked inside me for awhile longer. I have plenty of projects I am trying to get done around the house; everything from getting the baby room ready to organizing the garage (Dan and my project for tonight!). I am not a list person, but I actually made a list of all the things I want to get done and am steadily checking things off of it. I have even more things checked off since I took this photo!
36 weeks:
One of the big projects that we got done almost two weeks ago is moving Claire out of her room and out of her crib, to a toddler bed in Matthew's room. So far, she has never tried climbing out of her crib, so we've been happy to leave her in there all this time. But now her little brother is kicking her out. =) So we moved her into Matthew's room the Sunday before last, and things are going great! WAY better than I had imagined. Matthew is genuinely excited to have her in there; I haven't heard one complaint from him. Dan and I are enjoying a new routine of putting the kids down together
at the same time. All four of us enjoy a Bible story together, singing
(complete with dancing/hopping) and praying together. It is very special! Claire hasn't tried getting out of bed even once (much to my surprise) and for the most part, they fall asleep quickly. One cute thing Claire does is, when we shut their door after the last 'good night', Dan and I put our ears to the door and wait for a little phrase Claire has been saying every night now: "What you doing, Massew?" (Hmmm...has it changed from the night before...?) We've told Matthew to try to ignore her chit chat, and so after a few chatty nights at the beginning, they fall asleep pretty much right away, just like they did when they were in separate rooms. And Matthew is good about sneaking out of the room in the morning since Claire usually sleeps longer. I am so thankful it is going so well!
Here is what Matthew's room looked like before the change...
We pulled off his closet doors so I could reorganize it and so we could fit Claire's new 'dresser' in there. Here is what his closet looked like before...
And after! Thank you, Jamie L. for the idea of using an Ikea bookshelf for a dresser, and Julia P. for the idea of leaving the closet doors off. It may look a bit messier, but it is very convenient and makes the room more spacious.
Here is their new room:
Here are the excited siblings, their first night together:
The big girl in her new bed (my great $40 find on Craigslist, complete with the mattress and bedding):
Thanks for stopping by!
1 comment:
The room looks great! And I'm so glad that the IKEA bookshelf worked out! Keep nesting mama! :-)
Post a Comment