Benjamin is five weeks old now. I am thankful to the Lord that the transition from two to three children has gone much easier than I had expected. Other moms kept telling me that going from two to three is the hardest, so I guess I was bracing myself for a big change, but so far things are going really well. I am getting a decent amount of sleep now, and Benjamin is a very calm and cuddly baby. He does get fussy late at night and sleeps very fitfully until
about 1:00 or so in the morning, so I often lay on the couch with him for
the first leg of the night. But his cry is very quiet. In fact, even with his bedroom being just about five feet from anywhere else in the house, I still have to tell everyone to shush, so we can hear if he is crying or not from his crib. =)
Matthew and Claire are very accommodating and loving to their baby brother. They haven't shown any signs of jealousy or impatience that I am spending so much time with him. Matthew, especially, loves to hold, hug and kiss him, and is very helpful to me, too. Matthew gets disappointed whenever I lay Benjamin down, if he hasn't had a chance to give him a goodnight kiss. =)
I have so many pictures I want to share. I will try to narrow it down, but I have five weeks of cute pictures of our littlest! Thanks for coming by to visit.
 |
| First looks upon arriving home from the hospital |
 |
| Claire is ready to play with her little brother |
 |
| Watching brother sleep on the baby monitor |
 |
| So cuddly... |
 |
| Meeting Great Grandma Hickman |
 |
| He looks so teeny! |
 |
| Meeting Great Aunt Carol (his first smile caught on camera!) |
 |
| Hi! |
 |
| Such a doting brother! |
 |
| Surrounded by grandmas |
 |
| The flowers my sister had delivered to me (tulips...my favorite!) |
 |
| Mr. Benji |
 |
| Brotherly love |
 |
| Playtime! |
 |
| Twelve days old |
 |
| At bedtime, the kids like having Benji put into bed with them for a few minutes. Benji likes it, too. =) |
 |
| First bath! |
 |
| Sweet little man |
 |
| Can't get enough of the cuddling |
 |
| Bath helper! |
 |
| Dan's Grandma on Thanksgiving with her two great-grandsons |
 |
| Another bath helper! |
 |
| First walk to the park |
 |
| Bedtime story! Daddy's lap is getting a bit more crowded! |
 |
| Time for bed for a few people |
 |
| Matthew doesn't take naps too much anymore, but this was what the
hallway looked like yesterday...Three doors closed!! (Door at the end of
the hallway is a closet; Matthew was sleeping in my bedroom on the
left.) |
 |
| Contentment! |
2 comments:
So sweet! I love his bedroom set! :)
LOVED all the adorable pictures!!!
Post a Comment