December 19, 2012

Nursery Transformation

This post is for my England nieces!! =)  Three years ago or so, I had fun decorating our then office to be a little girl's nursery.  (Click here for the old post.)  My aunt helped me wallpaper and also got us the bed set and curtains.  We enjoyed it for a good three years!

A month or so before Benjamin arrived, we moved Claire into her big brother's room and transformed the girly room into a little boy's room.  I decided to just leave the wallpaper...maybe we will move Claire back in there when Benjamin is a bit older.  So for now, we are ignoring the little pink flowers on the wallpaper. =)

BEFORE...

I found a bed set at a consignment shop that looks great with the green walls, and it came with a valence and several wall hangings.  I dug up the curtains from storage.  I had them hanging in this room back when it was our office.  They ended up looking great with the bedroom set.  I re-painted the circle next to the window to be brown, and we bought a new letter "B" and ... wallah!  A boy nursery!
AFTER:




The "B A B Y" sign hanging on the wall was a card that my sister and her family sent when Benjamin was born.  It was so cute, I decided to hang it!

Hey, who's that cute baby on the changing table? =)