Dan and I felt the Lord leading us to send Matthew to school this year for third grade. We knew we would have a new baby this Fall and that Claire was entering Kindergarten and would need more of my attention. We have felt for awhile that Claire could really benefit from more attention from mommy. I have LOVED homeschooling Matthew. I love having him home with me each day. He is a joy to be around and really, is one of my best friends! But we felt confidant the Lord was leading us to send him to a great private school in our area - Emmaus Christian School. Dan and his siblings went there for at least a few years, we have known some of the teachers there, and we know several families whose children attend there. Several years ago our band used to use their facilities to practice every Saturday, so we have spent countless hours there before we even ever had a child attend there! :)
Here are some pictures of Matthew on his first day of school. I was happy that Eliana decided to stay inside of me a few days past her due date so I could go with Dan to take Matthew to his first day of school!
So far Matthew has enjoyed every bit of school. He has a wonderful teacher. As we imagined, he made friends very quickly and comes home every day saying he had a great day. I missed him a lot at first, but am pretty used to it now. We are very thankful to the Lord!
A few weeks after Eliana was born I started kindergarten with Claire. She loves it! Let's hope that stays that way for a long time. :) I am enjoying special one-on-one time with her and she is really thriving on that. Our schoolroom/playroom upstairs works great for doing school with her while Benji plays close by. (And so FAR, while Elly sleeps!)
Here's to a great 2014-2015 school year!











No comments:
Post a Comment