So I have so many posts to catch up on. We had a very special summer! But first, I will start with the latest three kid's birthdays, the first of which was all the back on...May 8th.
This was Matthew's first time being in school on his birthday. I wanted to make it special so I brought Sonic to lunch for him and his classmate, Ethan, who turned eight on the same day (he's the one on the right). They were born in the same hospital, about three hours apart!
But the fun was short-lived. I got a call a few hours after lunch to say that Matthew had thrown up. =( I had to bring him home and he spent the rest of the day lying on the couch, poor guy! [Ethan was fine, so it wasn't Sonic] We had to cancel his birthday party and wait until the following weekend to have it. Thankfully, no one else in our family got sick in the meantime. We went out for pizza with my parents a few days later.
He wanted a Lego Star Wars theme for his party. I have fun making basically my first fondant cake. I looked at YouTube a lot. =) The kids enjoyed playing outside and having a piñata.
Happy birthday, Matthew! We love your zeal for so many things in life. You are a fun boy to be with and we look forward to seeing what God will do with you in the coming years. You are our special gift from God!
Since we are on the topic of Matthew, here are a few things he did during his last semester of third grade last year...
In the winter, he did wrestling through the Hillsboro Youth program (much to his dad's delight!) and he did well and improved throughout the season. He ended up taking third place in his weight division at districts at his final meet!
He played on the school basketball team for the first time this year. It was nice for him to know all of his teammates. His class is so small, they are all good friends. He still has quite a bit of skills to work on, but I think he enjoyed it more than any other sport he has done so far.
Here is Matthew with his third grade science project back in April.
We went to the beach on a field trip with his class in May.
He was blessed with such a great teacher and classmates at Emmaus last year!




No comments:
Post a Comment