February 10, 2009

Blazers Fans

Matthew and I (Dan) are both Portland Trailblazers fans. We watch some of the games together (usually from DVR) and typically play basketball while we're watching.

Matthew can name several Blazers greats: Banan Roy (Brandon Roy), Rudy (Fernandez), Gade Bayess (Jerryd Bayless), and Geg Onan (Greg Oden). Any time a Blazer dunks, Matthew wants to see it over and over. And we'll usually do a real-life replay, where Matthew re-enacts what happened on his Little Tykes hoop. He dunks quite well, but reverse layins are still difficult :-)

For Christmas, Amy gave me a gift certificate to get some Blazers gear. I'm not really much of a jersey-wearer, but I wanted to get something to show my love for the team. So instead of getting something for just me, I decided to get something special for Matthew and I to wear together when we watch Blazer games.

Since I couldn't find any shirts that range in size from 2T-XL, I got some matching Blazers wristbands for Matthew and I to wear. Now, whenever we see the Blazers are on TV, we'll go put on our matching wristbands and get Matthew's basketball out. It's so much fun to share little things like this that build memories and bonds. Though he won't remember the details likely, it will strengthen our relationship and friendship for years to come.

Go Blazers!



And here's one more Matty and Daddy moment while we are at it:

No comments: