We didn't purposefully go on Valentine's Day weekend. We had meant to go last weekend, but Dan had to unexpectedly fly to Houston for his uncle's funeral, so we went THIS weekend. But it ended up being so fun to celebrate Valentine's Day there.
Dan made us breakfast on Valentine's Day morning:
Then we went out and played in the snow:
Matthew and Daddy up on "Big Mountain" in the yard:
The house we stayed in:
We cuddled a lot and read books:
Here is Matthew watching Daddy play chess on the computer (hey, what else can you do with no internet or TV?) =)
Here I am giving Matthew a little Valentine's Day present - Spiderman fruit snacks. Matthew got his mommy chocolate truffles! Mmmm!:
Matthew loves the big bathtub in the master bath:
Here is Matthew being goofy while playing "HoopBall":
The guys built Mommy a fire on Valentine's Day evening:
Then, Matthew went to bed and Dan and I enjoyed our traditional candlelit dinner for two of fettuccine alfredo with broccoli. It was so special to do it at the vacation house! We also watched the movie FireProof. If you haven't seen it, we highly recommend it!
2 comments:
Amy and Dan, I love your blogs! I just checked this one out for the first time today. What a fun family time!:) Oh, and I cried when I read about Matthew's prayer..."Pay Jesus, pay Jesus..."! How wonderful!
looks like you had a relaxing time together! :) what a great getaway spot!
Post a Comment