January 15, 2012

A Look Back at the Holidays

I am finally getting around to posting some photos of our Christmas festivities.  I am throwing some Thanksgiving ones in, too, for good measure. =)

First - Thanksgiving.  Dan and I are blessed that our parents are friends with one another.  That comes in handy on holidays when you don't have a ton of other relatives around.  We did Thanksgiving together again this year.


Carving the turkey!

Getting some snuggles with Aunt Linda and almost-Uncle Christian

Mmmm!

Back table: Claire, Dan, Dan's Uncle Tim, Dan's mom, my dad, my Aunt Carol and not pictured - my mom and me. Front table: our friends Jack and Denise; Linda and Christian


some Grandpa time

more Grandpa time!

On to December...
Getting our tree (we opted for a small one this year, so look in the foreground) =)


It's become a tradition to have Matthew put up the star



The morning of the Christmas program at church

The kids with their shoe boxes that they filled for Operation Christmas Child.  Ours went to the Philippines this year.
Our sweet niece, Kelsey

All the Hickman cousins (with one still in the oven, due on Valentine's Day)

We celebrated Christmas with Dan's brother's family a week early while they were here for the wedding.  I love this picture. =)

Grandma Hickman reading to Jordan

The Boggle players
The adventurers

The color-ers.  I love my niece time!!

What Claire's hair looked like after she woke up and we brought her home from Grandma and Grandpa's house
Christmas Eve at Dan's parent's house

The newlyweds

Singing Happy Birthday to Jesus!

Christmas morning at our house



With Aunt Carol on Christmas afternoon at my parent's house




1 comment:

Marcella{The Life After "Trust Me"} said...

Claire is too cute in that last picture!!