We've been busy recording our new record at Ben Otto's place (our sound man). There's this song that I (Dan) have been working on based on Isaiah 26:8 called "Your Name, Your Renown". Ever since I wrote this song I've heard a choir adding a punch to the last several choruses. I invited some ladies from Westside to participate in the choir (pictures coming soon). So Gail Williams, Joy Bongiorno, Cindy Pickett and Nicole Graham joined me in the studio a few weeks ago. It turned out great.
But there seemed to be another whole at the end to complete the "gospel choir" feeling. It needed a soloist with a huge voice to come in and bring the house down. I immediately thought of my Aunt Kathy, who is a gospel vocalist from Washington. She just so happened to be coming down to see my grandparents who are in town for a couple of weeks, so we mixed family with ministry and it turned out just great.

Here's a picture of Kathy belting out the solo part in the meticulously tuned acoustical wonder of Benji's barn :-)

Here is me and Kathy after we got the final take
Here is our lead guitarist, Tim Fish, recording some background vocals.
Here is Matthew at one of his favorite places ... the drums!
We're hoping to have our new record finished and available on I-tunes sometime in the Fall. I've posted some "previews" on our band's Myspace page (www.myspace.com/danhickmanband). You don't have to be a member to view this page, so feel free to take a look!
No comments:
Post a Comment